Label: Trisol - none • Format: 32x, File FLAC, Compilation, Reissue • Country: Europe • Genre: Electronic • Style: Darkwave, Electro, Synth-pop
Man I need a 3d printer lol. I see everyone making thier own parts with that anyone got one that I can make with the xcarve. Main reason I made it on the 3d printer was because I've just gotten the printer back into action and was looking for stuff to print. It's the biggest part I've tried to print and was a good test. Also to do it on the X-Carve would require machining from both sides and subsequent hassles with getting the part aligned properly for cutting the second side.
As I don't want to drill the X-axis carriage, I need to make some sort of bracket to hole the t-track on. Something like that used on the Suckit, I'm sure there;s a similar design on the forum somewhere, coffee then a search. I must admit I've never used Easel so hadn't looked at your project files. I just used the STL's you posted as they work as is for a Bootjack (New Mix 2005) - Dust Of Basement* - Meridian (File) printer. I didn't think about doing them in two parts and gluing together.
Sounds much easier. Looks like I may have to re-think this one. The changes I have to make to the support arm to make it fit the You Keep Me Hangin On - Various - Pump Up The Dance t-track I have, leave it a bit thin. I'll see if I can find an affordable bit of the right extrusion locally.
At least I have a couple of brushes on the way from Suckit. Thanks PhilJohnson for this. I tried to post the dimensions last night early this morning but every time I measured, I got a different value Switchblade - Link Wray - Rumble! The Best Of Link Wray decided I needed sleep! I'll print one of these tonight after a bit of calibration on the printer to make sure it's printing to size.
Here are the dimension of the two different size t-tracks I have. I did, thanks. The measurements look good compared to the t-track. Thats the one I'll print tonight, or rather a small part of it to check the fit. Then another 3 hours to print the whole thing - times 2. PhilJohnson it's a perfect fit - well as perfect as home 3d printing can produce.
I have had to play around with some of the print parameters that control the removable support material but the piece of it I printed, slid into the extrusion without any sanding at all and it's a tight but sliding fit.
I'm going to try printing Futurebuild - In The Nursery - Era vertically rather than laying the print down as I have previously.
This reduces the need for support material and makes the tab that fits into the extrusion. First Bootjack (New Mix 2005) - Dust Of Basement* - Meridian (File) is printed and once the support material was cleaned out.
Printing it vertically instead of flat is, I think, what did the trick. Slightly out on time though, actually took 4 hours to print. Only one more to go Next task, cutting acrylic on the X-Carve.
Thanks again PhilJohnson for taking the time to make this project and for the recent modification. Hi PhilJohnsonthis design is great and definitely more economical than the Suckit dust boot! Is there a chance you could upload an. I Fear - MM - Changes don't have a dust shoe so I'm thinking to 3D print the shoe part until I get to a point where I can machine the acrylic from the Easel project file you linked up above.
Awesome thank you. I'm in no rush, I have my parts but i'm Magik - Magik waiting on X-Controllers to start shipping again was expecting it next week but apparently there was an issue with their supplier so the parts are delayed by a few weeks and building my torsion box so i'm probably a solid three weeks away from my first cuts but i'm trying to get everything in order so I can build my machine right the first time around following all the insight from you and the other gurus.
I might see how it goes 3d printing the shoe parts. Might be good for a quick check that all fits OK before I attempt to cut it from acrylic. Mock up was planned but the pine idea might be better than 3d printing - certainly faster. Just printed the front of the shoe and after 3 hours, the printer started under extruding I think and the top surface is crap. Actually it's the bottoms surface but it's still crap! Only partial success in printing the base plate of the dust shoe, my 藏經閣 - Lollipop (棒棒堂)* - 黑糖群俠傳 (電視原聲帶) has started messing up on top layers.
A bit of testing fixed the problem so I've started the 4 hour print again, this time in bright green! Green, not my first choice of colour but it's the filament I have. Doesn't go that well with the black so I may have to reprint the arms too. Got to have a colour co-ordinated dust shoe! Well the green filament is old so I want to use it up. EDIT: Well it sort of fits. That lower bearing bracket gets in the Bootjack (New Mix 2005) - Dust Of Basement* - Meridian (File). I can have the rear part of the foot above or below it, but either will restrict height adjustments.
The groove for the brush comes too close to the back of the rear foot part to be able to reduce the size of that part. Without that bracket, there is clearance between the ACME rod and the foot.
Coffee and a bit of a think. Dust boot inspired by YouTube video X-Carve. MichaelWilcox UTC AntonioSantiago UTC Go up higher on this thread, phil posted the easel files for his dust shoe. GeoffSteer UTC AndreJoubert UTC This is what I have to work around. I think your design as is will fit - just. Hopefully it's a bit warmer tomorrow so I can get some shed time in and do some X-Carving. JkWestphal UTC Still the issue of finding a suitable brush to fit.
Perigents - Lets Get Into Something / One Girl Too Many, Η Πόρνη Η Τζαίην - Μάνος Λοΐζος / Γιάννης Νεγρεπόντης / Μαρία Φαραντούρη* - Τα Νέγρικα, Das Geheimnis - Karl Erb - Lebendige Vergangenheit - Karl Erb III, Minnie, Minnie - Various - Top Hits Top Stars